"Beverage Packages"???

"Beverage Packages"???

Postby pegboyne » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Beer is my preferred drink but I don't want to double the price of my trip drinking nasty no-name draft, so we're trying to decide whether to bring a bunch of wine on board.

The Blues Cruise website says "Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages..."

Thanks in advance to anyone who can tell me what a 'beverage package' is.

-peg
pegboyne

Re: "Beverage Packages"???

Postby blzlovr » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58 pm

Check out the gift store on the Holland America website. I was able to purchase a soda card and wine card and the price wasn't all that bad. I did see some alcohol and mixer packages also.
blzlovr

Postby TinyDancer (Wendy) » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:24 am

You have to log in after you register to see the full list of beverages offered. Just a tip.
Wendy
Virgin Oct`08; Jan`09, Oct`09, Jan`10, Oct`10, Jan `11, Oct. `11, Jan.`12, Jan `13, booked Oct 13 Pre-booked Jan`14.
Guess I am addicted
"Too much thinkin' on my mind, to worry `bout the little things"
[Image
TinyDancer (Wendy)

Postby Paul and Terri » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

pegboyne wrote:Beer is my preferred drink but I don't want to double the price of my trip drinking nasty no-name draft, so we're trying to decide whether to bring a bunch of wine on board.

The Blues Cruise website says "Room Service offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages..."

-peg

I'm a big fan of the bucket of red stripe.
I've got the night shift covered, Terri will take care of the days.
see you in 2012
Paul and Terri

Postby mojoman1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:58 am

pegboyne wrote:Beer is my preferred drink but I don't want to double the price of my trip drinking nasty no-name draft, so we're trying to decide whether to bring a bunch of wine on board.

-peg

I agree - Life's too short to drink crappy beer! I'm not 17 anymore and have more developed taste! So I'm very disappointed we can't bring our preferred brand(s) of beer on board, 'cause they won't have mine! Oh well, tequila it is!
Music is joy, it can be invigorating or restive, both therapeutic and enlightening. It brings me contentment!
mojoman1

Postby Geoff » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 pm

You can buy a soda card that's good for the week. By "beverage package" I believe they're referring to using room service to buy a bottle of liquor with 3 cans of mixer. That's what I do. The liquor is mostly in one liter bottles (instead of 750ml), so it's 1/3 more than the standard US bottle (or 2/3 of a handle, if you think that way). It's more expensive than typical liquor store prices, but much less expensive than buying drinks at the bar, and they have a good selection, including my fave, Bombay Sapphire. In any case, if you log in and poke around the web site, you can find all of the options.

Geoff
Geoff

Postby Carlos&Lupe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am

This has probably been addressed somewhere else, but are there coffee makers in the room?
Should I go ahead and buy a coffee card? Or should I just stick to whiskey?
I imagine I'll sleep at some point, so I'll need to clear my head when I wake up... :roll:
Carlos&Lupe

Postby Jeniphish » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 am

There aren't any coffeemakers in the rooms. The Lido has FREE coffee....but if you want fancy frou-frou coffee, then you have to buy that at the cafe. I bring my lidded and insulated coffee mug...less spillage that way!
“Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.” ~ Homer Simpson
Jeniphish

Postby Carlos&Lupe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Adding travel mug to the list...thanks!
Carlos&Lupe

Postby crackerboy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm

if you like "frou-frou" coffee cuz the stuff on the ship is kind of like convenience store coffee, coffee brewer at K-Mart $20.... bring a pound or two of your favorite coffee (ground)...don't forget filters, or paper napkins work......offer the coffee brewer up to those who want to make jello shots (heats water)...leave the brewer behind for one of the stewards when you leave
crackerboy

Next

Return to Virgin Questions