Remember Your FIRST Blues Cruise?

Remember Your FIRST Blues Cruise?

Postby Lenny & Gypsy Bee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:22 am

Looking forward to our first Blues Cruise...for those of you who have been before: What three things do you wish you would have known and done your first cruise NOW THAT YOU KNOW?!?!? Grins, Lenny & Gypsy Bee
Lenny & Gypsy Bee

Re: Remember Your FIRST Blues Cruise?

Postby 2bluescats » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:25 pm

We could have packed less, no need to worry about being seasick......and it is okay to miss something! Get ready for the time of your lives.
chris+bill
2bluescats

Postby blinker boy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:22 pm

plan to go on at least one excursion at one of the ports of call
the piano bar is a great place to hang out
try sitting with some new people at dinner
blinker boy

Postby holli71262 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:47 pm

we brought too many clothes!! my man brought a weeks worth of socks he never wore, haha. and did i bring way too many pairs of shoes?! it's hard.. but i try now to limit myself to three.

also.. bring a large chip clip to cinch the window drapes.. they don't close completely on their own and you will be sleeping way past dawn. i bring an eye-mask and earplugs, as well. when ya do sleep you do not want to be disturbed, imo.

i bring ginger capsules just in case for those rocky days at sea. only got sea sick once in 7 yrs but it Sucked big time... so i take precations.

have FUN!!
holli
holli71262

Postby Deb & Dave » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 pm

if you even think you will get seasick - go immediately to sickbay soon as we leave port and on the door will be a container of seasick pills. start taking immediately! bring 4 days of clothes - on day 4 early - smush all dirty in the laundry bag - I feel the need to bring dirty laundry on board because the ships laundry does such a great job. Even got the red wine out of the white t-shirts. and stuff gets ironed better than I could ever do it.
PS - no one will even notice you are wearing same clothes for the rest of the week!
Deb & Dave

Postby PlaydaBluesDammit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Bring a mug or insulated cup to carry water around and drink lots of it! The ships water if very good, no need to bring bottled water in my opinion.

One more thing, plan to stay up late late at least one night, catch the pro jam, come down to the piano bar, just wander around and see what's happening. I suggest you do it fairly early in the cruise, 'cause you may discover you want to do it again... and again. Take naps, don't drink too much, sleep when you get home, or on the flight home.

Have fun and see you soon!

Pat
Pat Dilling
Jan 2006, Oct 2007, Oct 2008, Jan 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2012, Jan 2014, Booked Jan 2015
PlaydaBluesDammit

Postby Lenny & Gypsy Bee » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:24 am

THANK YOU, EVERYONE...WE BOARD OUR PLANE IN JUST 8 HOURS. WE PACKED LIGHT, AND ARE BRINGING OUR GRINS...LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
Gypsy Bee & Lenny, too!
Lenny & Gypsy Bee

Return to Virgin Questions