nearest liquor store to the Hilton?

nearest liquor store to the Hilton?

Postby Lynne » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:26 pm

I see information on shipping wine to the hotel. Little leary about doing that being a first timer. Is there a liquor store close to the Hilton?
Lynne

Re: nearest liquor store to the Hilton?

Postby LondonCalling » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:06 pm

There is a BJ's Wholesale at Oakwood Plaza a short cab ride from the Hilton. We bought liquor there in Jan with out membership.
It's great to be us!
LondonCalling

Postby DebbyDiver » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:26 am

Just a minute or two from the Port you will find Total Wine and Liquors...the best in Broward, if you ask me (I used to live in that area). BJ's club has a teeny tiny selection (I'm a former BJ's club member too) and the difference in price isn't worth the extra taxi fare. Total Wine has a dizzying array of adult beverages and at excellent prices.
Virgin LRBC cruise scheduled for October 2012! Are we there yet?
We are St. Croix locals. Feel free to ask us questions about the January 25 port visit!
DebbyDiver

Postby engelm » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:32 am

So we can bring two bottles of wine but no liqour? Also have internet and cell phone questions
engelm

Postby Geoff » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Engelm:

Yes, it's true that you can not legally bring liquor on board. My expectation is that if they find liquor that you are bringing on board, Celebrity will "hold" it for you until disembarkation.

There will be Internet access on board, but it will be expensive. As for cell phones, we just checked our plan and Puerto Rico is included, but it probably varies from carrier to carrier. For the other islands, it's less likely that you'll have free access--you need to check your own plan.

Geoff
Geoff

Postby Suzieq » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 am

engelm wrote:So we can bring two bottles of wine but no liqour? Also have internet and cell phone questions

If you are asking about the Holland America Ship sailing in Jan 2013.... there is no limit as to how much wine & champagne you can bring onboard, must be in 750ml bottles tho. You are not allowed to bring any hard liquor, however. I've heard rumors of it making it onboard tho....... ;-)

On the ship, HAL has internet packages available & you can use your cell phone via thier cellular at sea service. You will however pay YOUR cell phone provider roaming charges. Your cellular provider may offer service on some of the islands we visit. Check with your provider. Texts are cheaper than calls.

You can "sometimes" find Free WiFi on the islands as well.

You can check out cellular at sea here .... http://www.wmsatsea.com/index.html

That said, I have yet to be able to get any cell phone service on "at sea" days.... and the internet connection is S*L*O*W!

Hope that helps!
Lynn & Bob

Suzieq

Postby tomschmied » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks
tomschmied

Postby SooBoy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Tom. There are a couple of stores just a short drive away, but we'll be going to Happy Pappy's for cheap spirits.
SooBoy

Postby barthenson » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 am

Different from other electronics, cell phones have become the necessity of every one's daily life. If someone still has no idea of mobile phones, you must say that "Out!" of course except the senior citizens. To be honest, cell phones really bring us lots of benefits. We use it for talking, sending and playing. With it, our life can be modern one, without it, we will be live in the Mars, you know, know nothing about each other. But do cell phones have no disadvantages? Of course not, more and more people are using cell phones at the cost of other interests. Noises are everywhere, especially the one of mobile phones. What should we do, throw them away? It is a stupid behavior. Have you ever heard cell phone signal booster? It is a new kind of device to solve this problem, effective in blocking the signals of your cell phone and its nearby base station. one side, the mobile phone really benefits us a lot, but another side we also benefit from its noises for a long time, so the fight between the cell phone and cell phone signal jammer has been a hot topic in society now. Which side you stand by, jamming or not, it depends on you.
barthenson

Postby barthenson » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 am

sdf
Last edited by barthenson on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
barthenson

Next

Return to Virgin Questions